Cisco and Schneider bridge OT and IT in building management systems
July 2, 2020
July 2, 2020 – Through a technology partnership, Schneider Electric and Cisco report they have developed, tested and validated designs that help connect building management systems to an IP network with a secure, scalable and resilient architecture that is easy to manage.
The solution from Schneider and Cisco enables multiple EcoStruxure Building IP architecture topologies to integrate with existing building layouts using Cisco industrial ethernet switches to connect to Schneider’s SmartX IP controllers.
The Schneider and Cisco solution promises to make building management systems more:
• Standardize with a single security vendor for IT and OT security.
• Identify, segment and mediate anomalies or cyberattacks as they occur.
• Enforce consistent identity-based security policy on the network infrastructure.
• Scale from small to large deployments while managing an increasing amount of data that is continuously collected for IoT applications.
• Leverage a high-speed IP network for managing real-time system operations.
• Increase building system availability by ensuring network failures do not shut down connected systems.
• Identify and resolve issues using standard network diagnosis tools.
Easy to manage
• Reduce costs and simplify BMS management with one converged network for IT and OT systems.
• Enable technicians without deep IP experience to commission ethernet fieldbus switches prior to installation with plug-and-play, zero-touch configuration.
Print this page